Do you love to explore and experiment with new ideas? Do you want to be part of the re-start of the travelling industry and shape a product that can have a positive impact on millions of people, every day?
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Create an amazing experience for millions of users.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Support discovering and defining product improvements through your engagement in ideation.
- Be an ambassador for consistency, usability and accessibility of our product’s interface.
- Stay up to date with current frameworks, tools, techniques and libraries.
- Ideating & implementing proof of concept applications for testing various new product ideas.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
Our Technology Stack:
- Preact (with Hooks)
- Apollo GraphQL (client and server)
- Tailwind CSS
What you’ll need:
- Solid experience in code design and architecture to build and maintain scalable systems.
- A desire to constantly learn and improve— we will help you by providing external and internal trainings.
- An inquisitive, analytical mind and the capability to draw valuable insights from raw data.
- To be a team player and enjoy working with people.
- Strong interest in creating a great user experience.
What we´d love you to have:
- Hands- on experience in programming with TypeScript.
- Hands-on experience with Next.js
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Knowledge about accessibility and semantic HTML.
- Experience with Tailwind and CSS modules.
- You have hands-on experience on full-stack projects.
- You value and seek software performance optimization.
This job is not for you, if:
- Continuous learning and development doesn´t excite you.
- You don´t enjoy constant change and frequent organizational restructuring.
- You are a solo player.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog and follow @tech_trivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product here.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We look forward to your application!