Do you love to explore and experiment with new ideas? Do you want to come up with unique solutions to the challenges that keep people from travelling and that can have a positive impact on millions of people, every day?
Our Alternative Monetization team is looking for a React engineer who wants to support them in identifying, researching and solving the needs of our users as well as our business. As part of the team, you’ll work closely with your colleagues from design, product, QA and engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Create an amazing experience for millions of users.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Support discovering and defining product improvements through your engagement in ideation.
- Work on our brand new “Discover” product that will inspire travellers to find their ideal travel destination.
- Optimize the user experience of our trivago Display Ads.
- Ideate and implement proof of concept applications for testing various new product ideas.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
Our Technology Stack:
A lot of your work will be done on a greenfield, but we usually rely on the following technologies:
- Preact (with Hooks)
- Apollo GraphQL (client and server)
- CSS Modules
- Rx.js (when working on our Hotel Search product)
What you’ll need:
- To constantly learn and improve — we will help by providing external and internal trainings.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience.
- Fluency in English.
- To be a team player and enjoy working with people.
- To be an advocate for a great user experience.
When should you not consider this position?
The Alternative Monetization team works in a space of uncertainty. We don’t know which of our ideas will take off and which won’t. As part of this team, you’ll need to be comfortable with that.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup for the next few weeks in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way to guide you through our process, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!