Our Express Booking team consists of 8 enthusiastic international talents and we are hoping you could be our senior PHP developer.
trivago Express Booking is a free, fully responsive landing page designed to optimize the booking experience for trivago users across all devices, and therefore increase booking conversion. From an advertiser perspective, Express Booking not only reduces costs and unlocks quick expansion into new markets, but also supports recovery by offering very competitive conversion rates and a full-fledged booking platform that promotes the advertisers’ brand throughout the entire booking pathway.
Can you help us empower our advertisers as our new PHP backend specialist? Then we should talk!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based applications and services, written in PHP.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code, prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools.
- Set up efficient and high-performing database queries in SQL language.
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with backend, QA, design and concept teams.
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale.
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience as PHP Developer.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as platform and its workarounds.
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks.
- Excellent relational database skills with MySQL.
- Experience with building RESTful web services.
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration.
- Experience with CI using Travis, Jenkins or similar.
- Understanding of common web application vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Fluent understanding of the English language (our company language).
Our Technology Stack:
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with SPA and related front-end frameworks (React.js).
- Experience with GraphQL, Go and/or NoSQL.
- Experience in user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!