Are you one of those experienced international tax specialists we keep hearing so much about? Do have an analytical mind, an eye for detail and exceptional communication skills? Then you might be exactly what we’re looking for! We’re a pretty big global player in the international travel market (since you asked). That’s why it’s essential that our worldwide financial affairs are properly conducted with the help of an experienced tax specialist who knows their way around the world of tax and finance.
Think you can ace this job? If so, read on, and apply now!
What you’ll do:
- Handle all SEC tax reporting and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and related SOX controls.
- Provide tax consultation for the internal trivago stakeholders with a particular focus on international tax.
- Coordinate work streams with external consultants.
- Manage the tax aspects of trivago’s foreign entities, assist in tax audits and coordinate tax risks worldwide.
- Manage all transfer pricing matters at trivago group and support in the setup of new entities and structuring inter-company transactions.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5-6 years’ experience in international tax that has given you a superb understanding of international tax regulations.
- A Master’s degree or Diploma in Taxation, Finance or Accounting.
- An analytical mindset and an eye for detail that allows you to spot even the smallest of mistakes.
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that allow you to interact with a wide variety of people and avoid misunderstandings.
- A proactive work style that drives you to actively seek out new ways of approaching tasks.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Fluency in German.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog and follow @tech_trivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product here.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your application!