Are you a passionate DevOps, Site Reliability, Cloud Software Engineer looking to work in an agile development environment? Then you’ve come to right place! Our Hotel Domain team in B2B Hotel Product Engineering is looking for one to jump onboard.
trivago is currently focused on the restart of the travel industry and we’re at the forefront of adapting to the traveler’s new mindset as well as reinventing our B2B products for independent hoteliers. As a Google Cloud Engineer, you’ll be contributing by actively shape the project’s future by establishing and constantly improving our whole infrastructure automation as well as implement a technical strategy around topics like monitoring, alerting and logging. You’ll help us provide independent hoteliers with tech solutions that will support their business and leverage their potential on trivago.
Curious to find out more? Read on!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the software engineering, product management, data scientists and quality assurance teams to design, implement, manage and improve our systems with high uptime.
- Develop a migration strategy for each of our products, services and data pipelines from AWS and internal infrastructure to GCP.
- Advise, consult and coach the team to take full ownership of their services and get up and running with GCP.
- Design, build and continuously improve our infrastructure to ensure scalability and high-availability while maximizing development team efficiency.
- Develop automated deployment pipelines for both software and cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure system and network security through modern solutions for access control and data-backup management in the cloud.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment towards minimising costs through automation.
- Design and implement an efficient monitoring system for all our services, with an advanced alerting system for unusual behaviours.
- Proactively resolve and perform root cause analysis for critical issues related to infrastructure, applications and deployments.
- Proactively resolve critical issues and implement automation solution for systematic failures related to infrastructure, applications and deployments.
What you’ll need:
- At least 2 years of experience in hands-on development for GCP.
- Relevant industry experience as DevOps Engineer, Cloud Architect, Site Reliability Engineer or Software Engineering.
- A good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, NAT, VPN, VPCs etc.
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel with up to four different products.
- To dive into code to debug and generally keep an eye on the platform performance.
- To prefer solid engineering solutions over new and shiny technology.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and profiles as well as share knowledge.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with AWS services and knowledge about ELK Stack technologies and Cloudformation.
- Experience with Hashicorp products (Vault, Consul, Nomad) management.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Hybrid work: We’re open to mobile work within Germany and encourage talents to split their time between home and our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 90+ nations encourages mutual trust and offers diversity of perspectives.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!