Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic, international work environment and are ready to make an impact at an international Nasdaq-listed company?
To strengthen our finance family, we’re looking for a Financial Reporting Professional to join us at our headquarters in Düsseldorf – the city with the 6th highest living standard in the world.
If you’re an excellent communicator, multitasker, and self-starter who is ready to take on this challenge, we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at finance at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Prepare annual, quarterly, and monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare periodic reports for filing with the SEC.
- Research and document technical accounting and reporting topics in accordance with U.S. GAAP/SEC guidance.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Perform and enhance the SOX controls in the areas of financial reporting and for group-level considerations.
- Compose and update accounting policies and process documentation.
- Collaborate closely with other teams such as Accounting, Tax, FP&A, and Legal.
- Provide information to and coordinate with internal and external auditors.
- Liaise with operational stakeholders in cross-departmental initiatives relating to accounting and reporting matters.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and provide special project assistance as needed.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience in financial reporting at a US publicly listed company and/or auditing at the group level within a large accounting firm.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of a reporting and/or ERP software.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Positive “can do” attitude and eagerness to own and take responsibility over projects and processes.
What we’d love you to have:
- CPA/CA license preferred.
- Workiva reporting experience.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog and follow @tech_trivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product here.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your application!