Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic, international work environment and are ready to make an impact at an international Nasdaq-listed company?
To strengthen our finance family, we’re looking for a Financial Reporting Professional to join us at our headquarters in Düsseldorf – the city with the 6th highest living standard in the world.
If you’re an excellent communicator, multitasker, and self-starter who is ready to take on this challenge, we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at finance at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Prepare annual, quarterly, and monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare periodic reports for filing with the SEC.
- Research and document technical accounting and reporting topics in accordance with U.S. GAAP/SEC guidance.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Perform and enhance the SOX controls in the areas of financial reporting and for group-level considerations.
- Compose and update accounting policies and process documentation.
- Collaborate closely with other teams such as Accounting, Tax, FP&A, and Legal.
- Provide information to and coordinate with internal and external auditors.
- Liaise with operational stakeholders in cross-departmental initiatives relating to accounting and reporting matters.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and provide special project assistance as needed.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience in financial reporting at a US publicly listed company and/or auditing at the group level within a large accounting firm.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of a reporting and/or ERP software.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Positive “can do” attitude and eagerness to own and take responsibility over projects and processes.
What we’d love you to have:
- CPA/CA license preferred.
- Workiva reporting experience.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Flexibility: On top of our self-determined working hours, we’re open to mobile work within Germany and encourage talents to split their time between home and our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving initiatives thanks to our entrepreneurial mindset and horizontal workflow.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 80+ nations encourages mutual trust and offers diversity of perspectives.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
Curious about life in Düsseldorf? As the city with the 6th highest living standard in the world, Düsseldorf has emerged as a hub for sport stars, TV stars and expats alike! Its beautiful setting along the Rhine river, convenient size and central location in Europe makes it one of the most attractive places to live in Western Europe.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We look forward to your application!