Starting as a junior developer in our team is a great opportunity for your first steps into the world of professional iOS development. Our team offers the help and support you would need early in your career, with on-boarding programs and support from your dedicated mentors, offering not just technical help but also guidance and assistance with your day-to-day life here at trivago. If all that sounds exciting to you, we’re looking forward to hearing which initiatives you will bring to the team!
We work on the trivago iOS App with a modern codebase entirely written in Swift. Its architecture is built around the principle of unidirectional data flow, driven by a custom in-house Redux implementation at its core. We take pride in writing unit and integration tests so that every layer of our architecture is well covered. Even layout regressions in our view components are automatically detected using Snapshot Testing. Boring tasks like test build creation or releasing a new version to the App Store are fully automated with the help of our Continuous Integration pipeline running on CircleCI. When we are not working on new features for the trivago App, we love to experiment with new ideas and share knowledge through regular pair programming, biweekly guild meetings as well as lunch & learn sessions.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to feature development for our iOS App.
- Closely collaborate with Product Owners, Designers and QA.
- Give and receive constructive feedback via code review.
- Exchange ideas and share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
What you’ll need:
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience.
What we’d love you to have:
If you can match any three of these qualifications, we would like to hear from you!
- Excitement about iOS Development.
- Have a passion for learning and constant growth.
- To be an excellent team player who believes great teamwork is at the heart of all great products.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
- An interest in functional programming.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Basic knowledge in iOS specific frameworks, design patterns and software architecture.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
A note regarding COVID-19:
As a global company of over 90 nationalities, our trivago team has family members and friends in some of the most heavily affected areas. For us, the well-being and safety of our global community is our first priority.
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup for the next few weeks in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way to guide you through our process, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!