Are you passionate about developing backend microservices? Looking to work in an agile development environment? We’re searching for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Hotel Domain team in B2B Hotel Product Engineering.
trivago is currently focused on the restart of the travel industry and we’re at the forefront of adapting to the traveler’s new mindset as well as reinventing our B2B products for independent hoteliers. As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll be contributing by helping us provide independent hoteliers with tech solutions that will support their business and leverage their potential on trivago.
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Build fault-tolerant and scalable applications by writing clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Set up efficient and high performing database queries for relational and non-relational databases.
- Be part of migrating our legacy services to our current microservice based technology stack.
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with frontend, backend, QA, design and concept teams.
- Support with writing technical documentation and writing tests for new and existing product features.
Our Technology Stack:
What you’ll need:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in building APIs and backend services with PHP, Kotlin, Java or other technologies.
- To naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control (GIT), etc.
- To be interested and motivated to work with other programming languages depending on project requirements.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and proﬁles as well as share knowledge.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with Hashicorp products (Vault, Consul, Nomad) management.
- Experience with Kafka and/or messaging systems.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience with CI using Travis, Jenkins or similar.
- Good understanding of user requirements.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Hybrid work: We’re open to mobile work within Germany and encourage talents to split their time between home and our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 90+ nations encourages mutual trust and offers diversity of perspectives.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!