Are you passionate about creatively using technology and learning new things, as well as going deep in the technologies you use? Do you like the challenge to work with big data systems, operating at a very large scale of data?
Our data engineering team is looking for a skilled data architect and engineer, who is an expert on systems level and can help define, build and optimize our core analytics and data science data structures. By doing so you would help our core business to identify new business opportunities in a time of disruption.
Our mission is to drive the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose: to empower people to get more out of life. We have a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity to shape the future of the travel industry and we want you to be part of it. Can we count you in?
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- You will be the owner of our core data tables, and together with our data engineers define efficient pipelines and table structures for the large community of data analysts and data scientists at trivago, that have to work with them on a daily basis.
- Interact daily with data analysts and scientists, understanding their needs, but also keeping in mind the changeability of the log input data as trivago’s search systems constantly evolve.
- You will define and implement data quality check approaches and tools. Data quality, and
- stability of data pipelines are key to our analytics world and for our partners.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow good design patterns and architecture principles.
- Ensure schema and naming consistency of the core datasets, and establish a common data vocabulary.
- Collaborate with and provide consultation to other teams in trivago, operations, product and business intelligence teams that work with the core data sets.
- Work with data engineering on the data lineage and data catalog tooling that will help users explore our data structures more easily.
Our Technology Stack:
What you’ll need:
- High degree of expertise working with different data models and abstraction levels, including the relational model, NoSQL and structured binary formats.
- A good foundation in programming languages and systems architecture, ideally experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Experience with Hadoop and large data sets.
- Ability to model complex data structures.
- Being able to work closely with stakeholders in other teams, understand requirements and map them to technical solutions
- A passion for improving your technical skills and staying updated about advancements within the industry.
- An inquisitive, analytical mind and the capability to draw valuable insights from raw data.
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mindset to drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- A good enough level of English (our company language) to be comfortable speaking it daily.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!