Are you an engineer with a passion for data and data pipelines? Are you a skilled collaborator and communicator with experience in working across teams to solve complex problems?
We are looking for innovative yet detail-oriented data engineers to set up, maintain, improve and optimise our daily production of data. In this role, you’ll work closely with both Data Scientists and other Data Engineers to continuously enhance our data-driven decision making.
If your experience and skills can help you make in impact in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and optimise data pipelines. This will involve modelling the data, writing documentation, and automating data quality control.
- Research technologies and build software to support the work of Data Scientists and other team members in their daily work.
- Work with other teams from which you consume data or for which you produce data, establishing well-defined (data) interfaces.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a Data Engineer.
- Excellent SQL skills. You’re able to optimise queries executed in distributed systems by improving query plans and carefully thinking about data partitioning and compression.
- Experience with at least one other programming language in a data-related context (e.g. Python, Java). You can read, understand and improve other people’s code.
- A highly analytical brain. You’re able to experiment with new technologies and acquire new skills to find clever solutions to the unique challenges we will encounter along the way.
- Familiarity with Hadoop stack (in particular Hive and Impala).
- Previous experience with a job scheduler (Oozie or Airflow).
- Familiarity with version control systems (particularly with Git).
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with Data Architecture.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with test driven software development.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!