Our Members & Retention domain is focussed on increasing our loyal user base and creating the best experience for them. The team works on features within the core experience, both managing the account area as well as placements and member-only offers throughout the product. We also aim to collaborate with other industry players to offer our members a wider range of benefits.
As the lead of this cross-functional team, you’ll be the entrepreneurial mind driving the team in the right direction and supporting them where needed in achieving the goals that you set out. You’ll lead a team of product managers, software engineers and designers directly, helping them develop, as well as taking care of recruiting and retention of talents.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop the product vision and strategy for the Members & Retention area.
- Partner with teams internally and other travel companies externally to offer an appealing membership program to trivago users.
- Leading a team of 10 – 15, including caring for the retention of talents and recruiting.
- Translate vision and priorities into initiatives together with your team.
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear and individual value contributions pay into initiatives and team objectives.
- Inspire and empower your team to achieve your team’s vision and goals as well as support key projects.
What you’ll need:
- You have a pragmatic, value-oriented mindset to drive for results in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent communication skills as well as high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy.
- 5 years experience in leading product/tech teams.
- Cognitive and structural thinking, ability to zoom-in and out in projects to challenge solutions on multiple levels.
- Comfort in taking significant, but bold risks and measure progress.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!