Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact at a global company with a dynamic work environment? We’re currently focused on driving the restart of the travel industry and we’re looking for an Experienced Internal Auditor to join our Audit Services team in Düsseldorf.
In this role you’ll be focused on testing and evaluating internal controls, as well as leading and/or performing operational audits over the financial, business, and technological processes of trivago and its subsidiaries. It’ll provide you with the unique chance to develop and refine your skills across different areas, such IT, business audit, system implementation, new processes and operational audits – ultimately helping you become an audit all-rounder. At the same time you’ll get to work with individuals and teams across the company, which will help you develop a thorough understanding of the business overall.
Curious to learn more about this opportunity? Then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Assist in implementing team strategies, priorities and initiatives as defined by trivago audit management.
- Ensure that generally accepted accounting and audit principles are followed.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of key controls.
- Communicate testing results to various business leaders (including external auditors) and recommend changes in testing methodologies to increase efficiency.
- Develop and recommend implementation of forms, systems, and procedures to carry out responsibilities and accomplish the department’s goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to effectively plan and execute various operational audits and utilize consistent audit approaches.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years of hands-on knowledge of audit procedures, which includes audit planning techniques, and methods used to examine, verify, and analyze financial and operating records, statements, and reports.
- 3 years’ experience working with Sarbanes Oxley (COSO-ICFR), SOX 302, 404 etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent field.
- To be a self-starter in developing and enhancing the internal control environment — particularly in the SOX area. You must be able to understand stakeholder needs and manage expectations accordingly.
- To hold CPA/CA, CIA, or CISA certifications (or be working towards the completion of within 1 year).
- A strong understanding of financial, operational, and IT general computing controls.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be in contact with many different areas and decision makers within the company, and will need to engage confidently and assuredly with all stakeholders.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with COSO ERM or similar ERM Framework.
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent field.
- Proficiency in German.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!