Are you a skilled Site Reliability Engineer who wants to work with cutting-edge technologies in a dynamic work environment with the freedom to question established processes and develop our products and features?
We’re searching for such a Site Reliability Engineer who can support our software engineering teams in Marketing Solutions. You’ll be working on tools such as search engine marketing tools using Google and Bing interfaces, which are at the core of our performance marketing campaign management.
If this sounds like a good match for you, read on and apply!
What you’ll do:
- Designing software and infrastructure systems towards the simplification and reduction of operational overhead.
- Enable, coach, and support the software engineers to take end-to-end responsibility to deploy applications fast and reliably on their own.
- Maintain and upgrade our servers, apply configurations to existing hosts, and configure new ones.
- Help us to migrate from a PHP monolith to a Kotlin-based microservice architecture.
- Work with Docker and Container Schedulers such as Nomad and/or Kubernetes.
- Take care of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions for the microservices.
- Implement and maintain monitoring (including alerting) solutions for our microservices.
- Challenge design, architecture, and documentation of new microservices and features to ensure a high software quality and development speed.
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Knowledge of, at least, one programming/scripting language such as Java/Kotlin, Go, Python, Shell/Bash.
- Proficient knowledge of Docker and/or container schedulers such as Docker Swarm, Nomad, or Kubernetes.
- Good Knowledge of administering PHP.
- A good understanding of SQL databases (MySQL, PostgresSQL) and protocols like HTTP.
- Basic knowledge about managing JVM-based applications.
- Intrinsic self-motivation and a passion for problem-solving.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we’d love you to have:
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool such as Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Good understanding of user requirements.
- Knowledge of Clouds such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with Prometheus and the ELK-Stack.
- To be an honest person who enjoys working in a team.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!