Passionate about Software Development and web technologies? So are we! In a time when the travel industry is evolving, we have the opportunity to help drive this evolution by empowering our advertisers and users with innovative products and services. As part of this mission, we’re looking for experienced backend developers who are technology lovers and that would like to work with a very modern, up-to-date tech stack.
We offer an international, results-driven and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice! Our development atmosphere is laid-back and working times are flexible. Our teams are interdisciplinary and have ownership of both business and technical decisions, which allows you to truly have an impact in your role.
Curious to learn more? Then read on!
What you’ll do:
- The team will primarily work with Kotlin – you don’t need to have previous experience with it, but you should be motivated to learn.
- Design, implement and maintain applications and APIs.
- Scale and improve existing backend services and user interfaces.
- Work in close cooperation with various teams and help to adopt best practices and new technologies.
- Support team members’ professional development, technology coaching and share the responsibility for the team and its proper functioning.
What you’ll definitively need:
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience with Java, Kotlin or Python development. However, we’re more interested in good developers than in any language in particular, so if you think that you fit the description consider applying!
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with version control and testing.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience building modern APIs for different clients.
- Experience with microservice-oriented architecture and design.
- Knowledge and understanding of agile concepts and methodologies.
- Comfortable in Unix/Linux environments.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Basic knowledge of frontend technologies.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of data processing at scale – designing, developing and continually improving tools.
- Knowledge of following tools: Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Spark, ElasticSearch.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!