Our Infrastructure Operations team is looking for a Technical Project Manager to support them on their mission to create smart and reliable solutions for large scale problems and provide a robust infrastructure for trivago’s teams to work with!
In this role you’ll drive strategic projects and operate in a dynamic work environment. You’ll be coordinating software and infrastructure projects among multiple teams in our verticals and will be the go-to person for all involved stakeholders. You’ll also be ensuring all involved teams are aligned and collaborate towards the project goals.
Do you think you could be a good match for this role? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Managing and coordinating internal teams performing a work package and allocating responsibilities to individual contributors.
- Specification of the functions and interfaces of products to be developed.
- Definition of the architecture and the allocation of functions to the components for which they have primary responsibility.
- Preparing dashboards as input for project reviews.
- Leading project reviews with the relevant stakeholders.
- Liaising with the stakeholders and their Head of Discipline for all aspects relating to their work package.
- Coordinate different teams, provide timelines and track execution.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Good communication skills that allow you to quickly identify pain points and remediate them.
- 5+ years work experience.
- Vendor management capabilities.
- A solid understanding of agile methodologies.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- A data driven and detail oriented personality.
- The ability to handle the pressure of big responsibility, tight deadlines and new challenges.
- A proactive personality: We want you to speak your mind, think along with the teams and ask questions.
- A valid work permit for the European Union.
What we’d love you to have:
- A good understanding of Linux or UNIX.
- A good understanding of Cloud technologies.
- At least a high-level understanding of systems architecture and infrastructure.
- A good eye for efficiency gains.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!