Are you looking for a new challenge where you can put your profound US GAAP accounting theory research and application skills to good use? Do you want to make an impact at an international Nasdaq-listed company?
To strengthen our finance family, we’re looking for a Technical Accountant to join the team in Düsseldorf as technical accounting and reporting expert. In this role you’ll connect technical accounting with financial reporting according to US GAAP standards.
If you’re an excellent communicator, multitasker, and self-starter who is ready to take on this challenge, we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at finance at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Act as a technical accounting and reporting expert by researching, analyzing, selecting treatment of, and preparing documentation for accounting topics under US GAAP.
- Review of the quarterly group income tax provision in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and SEC guidance to ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting and reporting requirements.
- Lead projects with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate accounting for complex transactions and lead implementation of new accounting requirements.
- Support in the preparation of financial disclosures for the annual 20-F and quarterly earnings releases.
- Liase with external auditors on technical accounting interpretations and conclusions.
- Create new and review existing accounting policies and make sure that robust documentation and governance processes are in place.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the company to explain new and complex technical accounting concepts, including formal accounting topic training sessions.
- Lead or participate in special projects as necessary.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years’ of experience within a publicly-listed company and/or large public accounting firm.
- Profound US GAAP accounting theory research and application skills.
- Strong understanding of income tax provisions and related disclosures under US GAAP.
- Excellent documentation and writing skills.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex accounting topics to accountants and non-accountants.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize quickly, organize team dynamics, deliver results, and take the lead on projects.
- Ability to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun, and dynamic environment.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- CPA license preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/