Passionate about Software Development and web technologies? So are we!
In a time when the travel industry is evolving, we have the opportunity to help drive this evolution by empowering our advertisers with innovative products and services. As part of this mission, we’re looking for an experienced backend developer who is a technology lover and that would like to work with a very modern, up-to-date tech stack.
We offer an international, results-driven and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice! Our teams are interdisciplinary and have ownership of both business and technical decisions, which allows you to truly have an impact in your role.
Curious to learn more? Then read on!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- The team will primarily work with Kotlin .
- Design, implement and maintain applications and APIs.
- Scale and improve existing backend services and user interfaces.
- Work in close cooperation with various teams and help to adopt best practices and new technologies.
- Support team members’ professional development, technology coaching and share the responsibility for the team and its proper functioning.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer, working with Kotlin.
- Solid skills in Java or Python development. Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with version control and testing.
- Understanding of building modern APIs for different clients.
- Experience with microservice-oriented architecture and design.
- Knowledge and understanding of agile concepts and methodologies.
- Comfortable in Unix/Linux environments.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Basic knowledge of frontend technologies.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of data processing at scale – designing, developing and continually improving tools.
- Knowledge of following tools: Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Spark, ElasticSearch.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Hybrid work: We’re open to mobile work within Germany and encourage talents to split their time between home and our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 90+ nations encourages mutual trust and offers diversity of perspectives.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.