Are you a motivated Java engineer with a passion for performant algorithm design and applied data science? Are you interested in working with big data driven applications that are highly scalable and distributed? Do you love learning new technologies?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Java Engineer to help build and maintain our infrastructure and make our advertisers data accessible within trivago. You will join a team of passionate software engineers, QA engineers and product owners and will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. Further, you will participate in setting up the complete infrastructure for microservices and will manage and monitor the deployments of them.
We want you to help us drive the restart of the travel industry – are you ready?
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the tech platform that will enable more advertisers to access what trivago has to offer.
- Play a leading role and take ownership in the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements.
- Support in improving our deployment pipelines and monitor their stability.
- Use profiling tools to tune performance-critical components.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
Our Technology Stack:
- Spring boot
- Apache Kafka
What you’ll definitely need:
- Ideally 1-3 years of experience in Java or at least JVM language.
- Understanding of Java concurrency and safe coding practices.
- Experience in designing and maintaining micro service architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Knowledge of one of the following services: AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Nomad, LinkerD.
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following technologies: Redis, Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Prometheus
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work closely with other team members.
- Thrive when writing code and building solutions.
- A good enough level of English (our company language) to be comfortable speaking it daily.
What we’d love you to have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, data science, mathematics, physics, or similar
- Experience with Apache Kafka and a NoSQL storage (e.g. Redis).
- A good overview of machine learning and statistics.
- Experience working with cloud environments.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
A note regarding COVID-19:
As a global company of over 90 nationalities, our trivago team has family members and friends in some of the most heavily affected areas. For us, the well-being and safety of our global community is our first priority.
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup for the next few weeks in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way to guide you through our process, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!