trivago is currently working on the restart of the travel industry and we see this as an opportunity to improve our core product and diversify our revenues by adding new revenue streams.
The Marketplace team develops different types of auctions and is responsible for the commercialization of our products. Advertisers compete in these auctions for exposure in trivago’s website (and mobile Apps) by submitting attractive property rates and competitive bids. As a Data Analyst in Marketplace, you’ll be responsible for leveraging this data, so that we can monitor the dynamics in our Marketplace, support decisions on how to continuously improve it, and help advertisers optimize their marketing campaigns on our platform.
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses of our datasets that generate insights used by management to make strategic decisions.
- Proactively communicate and share insights obtained from Marketplace data.
- Create and maintain dashboards used to monitor relevant Marketplace KPIs.
- Create and maintain an automated alerting systems that will enable us to quickly react to any Marketplace development
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in a Analytics-related field.
- An exceptional understanding of data analysis and statistics and experience working with both in either an academic or professional context.
- Proficiency programming in either Python or R and relevant data manipulation packages in these languages (e.g. pandas, data.table, ggplot)
- Experience working with SQL.
- A strong belief that high quality Analytics work can only be achieved by understanding the fundamentals, being meticulous, and paying attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders, and ability to do so at the right level of detail.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with big data, in particular Spark, Hive or Impala.
- Experience developing dashboards and producing data visualizations.
- Experience developing code in teams with version control (git).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
A note regarding COVID-19:
As a global company of over 90 nationalities, our trivago team has family members and friends in some of the most heavily affected areas. For us, the well-being and safety of our global community is our first priority.
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup for the next few weeks in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way to guide you through our process, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!