In a time when the travel industry is drastically changing, we have the opportunity to help drive this change by producing innovative products and features that will meet users’ new expectations. We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to support our Apps team in taking our trivago iOS app to the next level!
We work on the trivago iOS App with a modern codebase entirely written in Swift. Its architecture is built around the principle of unidirectional data flow, driven by a custom in-house Redux implementation at its core. We take pride in writing unit and integration tests so that every layer of our architecture is well covered. Even layout regressions in our view components are automatically detected using Snapshot Testing. Boring tasks like test build creation or releasing a new version to the App Store are fully automated with the help of our Continuous Integration pipeline running on CircleCI. When we’re not working on new features for the trivago App, we love to experiment with new ideas and share knowledge through regular pair programming, biweekly guild meetings as well as lunch & learn sessions.
If all that sounds exciting to you, we’re looking forward to hearing which initiatives you’ll bring to the team!
What you’ll do:
- Develop new product features for the trivago iOS App.
- Closely collaborate on feature development with Product Owners, Designers and QA.
- Give and receive constructive feedback on code changes using Pull Requests.
- Exchange ideas and share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Mentor other developers through extensive code review and pair programming.
- Refine and extend our architectural components and developer tools to increase the team’s productivity.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Excellent iOS development skills.
- A strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge in iOS specific frameworks, design patterns and software architecture.
- To be an excellent team player who believes great teamwork is at the heart of all great products.
- Experience working in an agile work environment.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience.
What we’d love you to have:
- Shell scripting knowledge to extend our Continuous Integration Pipeline.
- Experience in Redux or similar architectural patterns.
- Functional programming expertise.
- The ability to design libraries with sound APIs to share common functionality across the codebase.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
A note regarding COVID-19:
As a global company of over 90 nationalities, our trivago team has family members and friends in some of the most heavily affected areas. For us, the well-being and safety of our global community is our first priority.
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup for the next few weeks in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way to guide you through our process, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!