Are you passionate about writing high performance clean code? Would you like to be part of a team developing and maintaining strategic internal products that have a massive impact on trivago’s business?
Join our dynamic Marketing Solutions team as a Backend Software Engineer and help us shape the future of our trivago Order Control(tOC) tool. trivago Order Control is a tool to standardize TV buying processes and centralize TV related data.
If you thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Provide our marketing teams with high quality tools to ensure their work experience is a breeze.
- Write clean code in PHP using Symfony framework, with focus on quality and performance.
- Write proficient unit tests.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different data storage technologies to implement efficient and high-performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving skills to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 3 years experience with PHP and Symfony framework, following best practices.
- Design patterns, SOLID principles and passion for Software Architecture.
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- A solid understanding of modern web architecture, technology and tools.
- Experience with advanced MySQL queries (or other types of databases).
- Experience working with Docker.
- Willingness to develop maintainable and testable high-quality code.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- Fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Knowledge of other programming languages
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Hybrid work: We’re open to mobile work within Germany and encourage talents to split their time between home and our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 90+ nations encourages mutual trust and offers diversity of perspectives.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!