Are you passionate about writing high performance clean code? Would you like to be part of a team developing and maintaining strategic internal products that have a massive impact on trivago’s business?
With the travel industry being disrupted like never before, our mission is to drive the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose: to empower people to get more out of life. We have a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity to shape the future of the travel industry and we want you to be part of it.
Join our dynamic Marketing Solutions team as a Fullstack Software Engineer and help us shape the future of our trivago Spotbox tool. trivago Spotbox is an internal tool that is helping the marketeers to have an overview over the creatives produced at trivago, and later used in TV campaigns.
If you thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Provide our marketing teams with high quality tools to ensure their work experience is a breeze.
- Write clean testable code, with focus on quality and performance.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different data storage technologies to implement efficient and high-performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving skills to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2 years’ experience with Python using Django framework.
- At least 2 years’ experience with Angular 7 (or comparable front-end technologies).
- Design patterns, SOLID principles and passion for Software Architecture.
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- A solid understanding of modern web architecture, technology and tools.
- Experience with advanced MySQL queries (or similar databases).
- Experience working with Docker.
- Willingness to develop maintainable and testable high-quality code.
- Fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with Karma/Jasmine unit test framework.
- Experience working with Celery task queues.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- Experience with CI using Travis, Jenkins or similar.
- Experience with message brokers such as Kafka.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!