Are you passionate about technology and an experienced leader? Looking to work in an agile development environment? Then you’ve come to right place!
We’re searching for a Software Engineering Lead to join our Hotel Domain team in B2B Hotel Product Engineering. trivago is currently focused on the restart of the travel industry. That means we’re at the forefront of adapting to the traveler’s new mindset as well as reinventing our B2B products for independent hoteliers.
As a Software Engineer Lead, you’ll be contributing to this exciting adventure by leading a team of passionate engineers and helping us provide independent hoteliers with tech solutions that will support their business and leverage their potential on trivago.
Can’t wait to jump onboard and get started? Then we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
What you’ll do:
- Shape the application architecture of our products by evaluating, testing and implementing new systems and infrastructure.
- Build vision and tech roadmaps that are aligned with product and commercial roadmaps to ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely.
- Actively contribute to the software development process from operational and coding point of view.
- Coach and mentor a group of 5-8 engineers: provide feedback and identify training opportunities, so that they keep growing and use the full range of their talents.
- Shape and define the technological excellence of your team. Contribute your passion for technology and stay up to date with current trends.
- Contribute to all stages of product development by applying agile methodologies in the tech team and close collaboration with Business Leads.
- Manage research and development of technology, IT assets and associated costs.
Our Technology Stack:
- PHP / Nodejs / Kotlin / Go
- Kafka / NATS
- Redis / MySQL / PostgreSQL / DynamoDB
- AWS migrating to Google Cloud
What you’ll need:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
- A proven track-record of delivering complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
- A cognitive and structural thinking, with the ability to zoom-in and out of projects and to challenge solutions on multiple levels.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture, microservice architecture, data structures and design patterns.
- Ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control (GIT), etc.
- To be comfortable writing at least one of PHP, Nodejs, Kotlin, Reactjs, programming languages and frameworks.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Previous experience leading engineers.
- Experience with AWS or GCP cloud providers.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!