Are you a passionate Fullstack Software Engineer looking to work in an agile development environment? Then you’ve come to right place! Our Hotel Domain team in B2B Hotel Product Engineering is looking for one to jump onboard.
trivago is currently focused on the restart of the travel industry. We’re at the forefront of adapting to the traveler’s new mindset as well as reinventing our B2B products for independent hoteliers.
As a Fullstack Software Engineer, you’ll be contributing to this exciting venture by helping us provide independent hoteliers with tech solutions that will support their business and leverage their potential on trivago.
Sound interesting? Then we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Build a fault-tolerant and scalable applications by writing clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Set-up efficient and high performing database queries for relational and non-relational databases.
- Be part of migrating our legacy services to our current microservice-based technology stack.
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with frontend, backend, QA, design and concept teams.
- Support with writing technical documentation and writing tests for new and existing product features.
Our Technology Stack:
- PHP 7 / Nodejs / Kotlin / Go
- React.js/ Vue.js
- Kafka / NATS
- Redis / MySQL / PostgreSQL / DynamoDB
- AWS migrating to Google Cloud
What you’ll need:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in microservice based software development.
- Experience in building APIs and backend services with PHP and/or Kotlin and/or Java and/or Nodejs or other technologies.
- Ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control (GIT), etc.
- To be interested and motivated to work with other programming languages depending on project requirements.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and proﬁles as well as share knowledge.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with multiple programming languages and frameworks.
- Experience with Hashicorp products (Vault, Consul, Nomad) management.
- Experience with Kafka and/or messaging systems.
- Good understanding of user requirements.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Hybrid work: We’re open to mobile work within Germany and encourage talents to split their time between home and our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 80+ nations encourages mutual trust and offers diversity of perspectives.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!