Do you want to bring your expertise to an innovative, dynamic company? Our Marketing Solutions team is responsible for empowering trivago’s marketing teams to implement their strategies by developing a set of automated tools to support their decisions – we’re looking for a seasoned QA Engineer to join us on this mission.
In this role you’ll be responsible for manual and automated testing activities, working alongside developers and product owners to detect malfunctions and deliver software that is bug-free, suggest design improvements or corrections throughout the development process and contribute during the planning and coordination of new software releases.
If you’re passionate about software testing and looking for a new opportunity, read on and apply today!
Learn more about tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for manual and automated testing activities.
- Work alongside developers and product owners to detect malfunctions and deliver software that is bug-free.
- Critically question the usability of product owners’ new ideas and suggest design improvements or corrections throughout the development process.
- Contribute during the planning and coordination of new software releases.
What you’ll need:
- A degree in an IT-related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years experience in manual and automation testing.
- To be familiar with the design, implementation and maintenance of automated tests.
- Knowledge of Python and/or Robot Framework.
- Familiar with SQL, Jira, Jenkins and Git.
- Comfortable with a testing approach that is fast, flexible and continuously changing.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- A hunger to learn and share knowledge, to set high goals and not to rest until they are achieved.
- Desire to work in a dynamic international team where communication and collaboration are the keys to success.
- Fluency in English, our company language.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
A note regarding COVID-19:
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!