At trivago we aim to enable our large user base to find their ideal accommodation at the best rate. We’re looking for an analytical and enthusiastic data scientist to dig into petabytes of data to further develop the accommodation recommendation engine of our global hotel search platform!
As a Data Scientist in the Ranking Team, you can have a direct impact on the mechanisms that govern the interaction of our million of daily users and our hundreds of booking sites in real time. You’ll work in a cross-functional team with other data scientists, engineers, and product owners in order to design, implement and improve our ranking algorithms and evaluate their performance on live data.
If you have a background in algorithm development, machine learning, or predictive analytics and enjoy finding solutions to tricky problems, apply today!
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Develop our ranking algorithm by integrating various input data and experimenting with customized ranking approaches. Evaluate algorithm performance and identify improvement opportunities and optimization potential.
- Push to bring new ideas into production and apply state of the art models while always keeping business priorities and technical feasibility in mind.
- Determine new evaluation metrics and simulation techniques to better evaluate and anticipate test performances.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years experience working in data science or machine learning.
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
- An exceptional understanding of data analysis and statistics concepts and has experience applying them.
- Experience processing and deriving insights from large amounts of data.
- An excellent understanding of SQL. Experience with big data technologies (Hive, Impala, Spark, etc.) would be a plus.
- Proficiency in programming in either Python or R.
- Good communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders.
- You can work well independently and prioritize effectively in order to maximize outcome.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Flexibility: On top of our self-determined working hours, we’re open to mobile work within Germany and encourage talents to split their time between home and our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving initiatives thanks to our entrepreneurial mindset and horizontal workflow.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 80+ nations encourages mutual trust and offers diversity of perspectives.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We look forward to your application!