trivago is currently focused on the restart of the travel industry and we see this as an opportunity to improve our core product and diversify our revenues streams.
Our Auction Strategy team is looking for a new team member to join an interdisciplinary group of engineers and data scientists who are working to bring machine learning and predictive algorithms into production. If you’re looking for a role in a dynamic, challenging, and innovative environment where your work has a direct, visible impact on our bottom line – you’ve come to the right place!
As a Java Engineer you’ll have the unique opportunity to contribute to this exciting venture whilst working in a dynamic, global environment. If you’re an experienced and motivated Java engineer with a passion for performing algorithm design and applied data science, read on and apply!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Work on the Java microservices, implementing auction algorithms and machine learning models to make business-compatible decisions that satisfy trivago’s users and partners.
- Leverage current technologies to develop, test, deploy and monitor new algorithms in a large-scale, distributed backend system.
- Analyze the effects of algorithm changes and monitor performance data using Python, Hive, and other industry standard languages and tools.
- Use profiling tools to tune performance-critical components.
- Implement tools and interfaces for data scientists and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the growth of our team through learning and sharing new topics.
Our tech stack:
- Java 11, Spring Boot, Gradle, gRPC
- Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud
- Python, JupyterLab, Pandas
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana
- Kafka, Hive on Tez, Impala, Apache Spark
What you’ll definitely need:
- Strong skills in Java and Java-ecosystem frameworks and tools.
- Working knowledge of Java concurrency and safe coding practices.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language, ideally Python.
- An inherent desire to write maintainable, performant software with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven interpersonal communication skills to work closely with other team members.
- A passion for improving your technical skills and staying current with advancements in the industry.
What we’d love you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, artificial intelligence, data science, mathematics, physics or a similar field.
- A good overview and interest in machine learning and statistics.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Basic knowledge of Hadoop / Hive / Impala and/or Spark.
- Experience working with cloud environments.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We look forward to your application!