At trivago we use the latest innovative technologies to empower our users to find their ideal hotel 100 times a second, across 55 different locales world-wide and in 33 different languages. Are you an experienced and highly driven UX researcher? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams? We’re looking for a skilled UX researcher, with valuable experience and outstanding interpersonal skills.
As a Senior UX researcher at trivago, you’ll design and execute user research studies combining qualitative and quantitative methodologies in a fast-paced, agile and fun work environment. For this role we’re looking for someone experienced with conducting foundational and exploratory user research, with a drive and passion to identify opportunities for product innovation and helping shape medium- and long-term business and product strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute complex, multi-method foundational research projects.
- Drive the successful evolution of our product by studying the behaviour, cognition, emotions, and attitudes of travellers and trivago users.
- Craft UX research roadmaps and execute mixed method studies in collaboration with other user researchers, designers, product teams, and data scientists.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams and actively involve key stakeholders in the research process and promoting a human-centred design perspective.
- Communicate your findings informing the product strategy to maximise their impact.
- Be an advocate of our users and also of the UX research discipline inside and outside of the UX research team.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5+ years of industry experience in mixed methods user research in a digital product environment or equivalent research experience ( academia, consulting, etc.)
- Strong understanding of and passion for foundational research, including diary studies, in-depth interviewing, contextual inquiry, and design ethnography.
- Experience conducting evaluative user research investigations remotely/in-person/in the field (e.g. formative and summative usability testing, card sorting, tree testing, etc.)
- Proven track record of producing high-quality outputs, such as research guides, reports, personas, user flows, user journey maps, prioritised usability issues, etc.
- Proven track record of impact the research made on a company and product.
- Strong ability to creatively translate research findings into relevant insights for designers, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Passionate about mentoring and supporting research conducted by other researchers or designers.
- A strong focus on generating business impact and understanding of how to connect research outputs with the overall product roadmap and business strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (our company language).
- Experience orchestrating workshops and ideation sessions for external or internal stakeholders would be considered a plus.
- Experience rallying a product team behind the results / proven capability on getting buy-in for results and into the product roadmap.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working in the tourism or hospitality sectors would be considered a plus.
- Fluency in French, German, Spanish, Italian or Japanese would be considered a plus.
- Experience applying the Jobs-to-be-done framework would be considered a plus.
- Good familiarity with A/B testing and experimentation, including concept testing and working with MVPs would be considered a plus.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog and follow @tech_trivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product here.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your application!