Are you a detail-oriented and experienced accountant who can juggle multiple tasks at once? Does the idea of working in a fast-paced, Nasdaq-listed company with an international workforce from 80+ nations excite you?
We’re looking for a General Ledger Team Lead to further strengthen and develop our general ledger accounting team. In this role you’ll be able to combine your expertise in leading a team, accounting and U.S. GAAP to not only empower the team, but also make an impact within Finance at trivago.
If you’re ready to take on this challenge, we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at finance at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Lead and develop the general ledger accounting team of three.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform and review account analysis and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform and review SOX controls.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze financial information.
- Work with internal and external auditors.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and special project assistance as needed.
- Support ERP implementation.
- Collaborate closely with other teams inside Accounting as well as FR, FP&A, Tax and Legal.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 7+ years of Accounting experience at a US company and/or auditing at the group level within a large accounting firm.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- The ability to multitask while completing tasks accurately in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (our company language).
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we’d love you to have:
- CPA/CA or similar license preferred.
- Previous experience with German GAAP.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog and follow @tech_trivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product here.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your application!