Are you a skilled engineer, interested in actively shaping the technical future of a globally recognized online hotel search? Then we want you to join our new data pillar. Your challenge: Help our teams move fast! We need to build infrastructure that enables them to have reliable development and production systems with automated deployment and feedback mechanisms. Additionally, if you are currently developing or have done it in the past, this can be a position for you! During the hiring process you may be asked to develop small solutions or solve small programming challenges.
If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice! Our development atmosphere is laid-back and working times are flexible. Our teams are interdisciplinary and you’ll work with our data scientists and engineers directly. Your scope will be broad, covering deployments, Kubernetes and working directly with data.
Looking for a role with a true impact on the business? Apply to learn more!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain Kubernetes clusters both in our own datacenter and in public cloud.
- Use configuration management and provisioning tools such as Ansible or Terraform.
- Provide infrastructure solutions and PoCs (Proof of Concept) for new projects.
- Take care of Continuous Integration and Deployment/Delivery (CI/CD) .
- Implement and maintain observability (monitoring, logging, alerting) solutions using tools like Prometheus, Grafana or the EFK-Stack (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana).
- Understand the key parts of the code of projects that run on the cluster and how they relate to the running infrastructure. This enables you to come up with new ways of improving the daily work in software development workflows.
- Develop new tools or contribute to existing ones. We actively contribute to the open source ecosystem in projects such as rancher/k3d or tumblr/k8s-sidecar-injector.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a distributed environment.
- This position requires good programming skills, so we’d like for you to be proficient in at least one general purpose programming language.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience managing containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Good Unix knowledge.
- Proven programming skills (e.g., Python, Go, Java).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with some of the technologies mentioned in the “What you’ll do” section.
- Experience working in a large-scale environment.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!