Looking for a position where you’ll get the chance to handle a wide range of legal affairs for one of Germany’s very few tech unicorns? Do you want to work in a dynamic online environment, contribute your own ideas and shape global processes for a major international company? Come to trivago as a Legal Counsel and join our vibrant, international team.
- Take responsibility for a wide variety of legal matters, ranging from advising the business on day-to-day commercial matters to managing the legal aspects of important one-off projects.
- Provide legal advice to individuals across all trivago teams and to management, with a view to identifying potential legal risks and providing business suitable solutions, especially in the areas of commercial, competition and consumer protection law.
- Assist with corporate housekeeping and corporate governance topics
- Draft and review legal agreements (primarily in English).
- Communicate, as necessary, with external lawyers worldwide.
- Provide compliance trainings for employees from different business areas.
- 2. German State Exam in Law – completed with excellent results – or an equivalent qualification from another European or common law jurisdiction.
- Willingness to be a generalist who can independently advise the business on a wide variety of matters, especially relating to commercial law. Experience in consumer protection law, litigation, competition law, corporate transactions, corporate governance and/or data protection would be a plus.
- 2-3 years’ experience within an international law firm or within an inhouse legal team of an internationally operating company.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- An excellent understanding of commercial legal practices and a strong interest in how businesses operate.
- Motivation and a passion for law mixed with a pragmatic work style and eagerness to progress.
- Outstanding communication skills that allow you to interact with a wide variety of individuals and to convey legal facts clearly and simply.
- Hands-on mentality.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new challenges, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to fostering an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!