Are you an experienced UI designer with exquisite taste for building user centric products? Do you want to evolve a product that is used by millions of people worldwide?
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join our team and work directly on our core product. We need you to motivate and inspire amazing visual experiences across our products, whilst guiding our Design team on UI best practices and standards. You’ll be immediately helping our team shape and roll-out a new Visual Language. This is a hands-on role where you’ll work with a team of designers, researchers, engineers and product managers to improve the experience of products.
You’ll design for cross-channel user journeys, and contribute to evolution of the user experience of trivago’s hotel search product. If you’re looking for a highly impactful position in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same, read on.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the UI and interaction design decisions in a cross-functional team.
- Ensure experience, usability, consistency, and continuity across our products.
- Be the ambassador of our design system by developing, evolving, and growing it.
- Educate and train stakeholders and team peers on how to leverage our design system and create impactful interfaces.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible formats such as UI Designs, sketches, prototypes and wireframes that excite stakeholders and peers.
- Make use of user research and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Iterate, see users fail to understand your concepts, and learn from it.
- Participate and deliver on the day to day production of design solutions.
What you’ll need:
What we’d love you to have:
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!