In a time when the travel industry is drastically changing, we have the opportunity to help drive that change by producing innovative products that will meet users’ new expectations and needs by using our top strengths to our advantage: our ability to adapt quickly and to focus on our users.
We’re looking for a data engineer with a strong interest in analytics to take ownership of critical data pipelines and complex data crunching for our product analysis team. Working with huge data-sets, you’ll be responsible for developing our analytical tools and data products that impact the decisions of Product Managers and Business Owners across the company. You’d be a part of the Search Intelligence Team, who’s mission is to measure the performance of our main products for web and apps. We’re a diverse team of analysts building and maintaining a wide range of different data tools using Hive & SQL to solve puzzling data challenges and complex analyses.
If owning complex data pipeline topics with a company-wide impact is the next step on your development path, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Work embedded in an analytics team and develop/maintain data pipelines for internal analytical tools.
- Work with analysts and data scientists to realize challenging projects ranging from straightforward data reports to sophisticated algorithms.
- Design and optimize data pipelines and improve the overall code quality to ensure smooth and errorless data delivery.
- Work in the the Hadoop ecosystem using Hive & Spark pipelines.
- Collaborate with our analytics and engineering teams to consult on best approaches to data problems.
- Connect to external data sources to optimize business processes through ingestion of new datasets
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineering or Analyst (engineering focused) or related position.
- Solid SQL/Hive skills.
- Possess good business judgement, strong written and oral communication skills, and a strategic approach to work planning and execution.
- The ability to evaluate complex processes, model complex data structures, analyze information and make data driven decisions.
- Experience working with Hadoop.
- A good understanding of R/Python.
- A good knowledge of basic statistics for exploratory data analysis.
- Experience with execution plans and query optimization.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!