Are you a UX writer with some hands-on experience looking for the opportunity to grow rapidly in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to learn more in a year than you thought possible? Does the idea of flexing writing muscles you didn’t know you had to optimize copy for everything from visual impairment to Russian translation excite you?
As a UX copywriter at trivago, you’ll write for our core product and app, working closely with UX designers, user researchers, and product managers to help millions of people of all abilities, locales, and identities have a great experience searching for an accommodation on trivago.
If you’re looking for a position with great growth potential that will challenge you not only as a writer, but as a researcher, user, and designer, read on!
Find out more about the job from Marco, our UX Domain Lead:
- Create UX copy for feature development — either as an embedded member of the product team or as an UX copy consultant.
- Identify UX pain points related to UX copy, create hypotheses derived from the learnings of User Research on how to optimize the copy at said pain point, and initiate/track c-tests that test your hypotheses.
- Work in close collaboration with the translation/localization team (T&L) to continually optimize relations and processes between our core product team and T&L, as well as align UX copy with internationalization best practices.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the tone & voice of the UX copy in close collaboration with communication, brand, marketing, and product.
- Create and evolve tools for UX writing and education such as the style guide and UX copy workshops.
- Advocate for and integrate accessibility best practices into UX copy created for Hour core product.
- Act as the bridge between UX, product, translation/localization, branding and marketing.
- 1 year of experience in UX writing (/content strategy/content design).
- 1 year working with digital product development.
- Fundamental understanding of UX design principles and User Research methods.
- Native-level English skills with an intimate and communicable understanding of U.S. American grammar, punctuation, and vernacular
- Excellent editorial and communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized, prioritize, and adapt in a fast-paced and demanding environment wherein juggling several projects at once is the norm.
- Solution-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with translation and localization best practices.
- Innate motivation to pursue excellence that is balanced out by an understanding of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles.
- Experience maintaining and evolving Tone & Voice guidelines and style guides.
- Experience advocating for your craft.
- Experience with translation management.
- Fluency in a language that doesn’t belong to the Germanic or Romance language branches.
- Experience or passionate interest in the topic of accessibility in digital products/inclusive design.
Note: This position is limited to 12 months.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!