Our Quality Assurance team ensures that our website, backend services and mobile applications can continue to evolve while maintaining reliability and quality and making sure that new features are in the best possible shape before they go live.
We’re now looking for a QA Lead to join our team! This individual should be someone who’s highly motivated, detail-oriented and has a passion for shaping the quality and user experience of our core products and services while successfully leading a talented group of QA Engineers.
Are you ready to make an impact? Then we want to hear from you!
- You’ll be tasked with leading a sub-team of highly skilled QA Engineers in testing changes to our core products, which can range from user-facing frontend feature changes to entirely new complex backend infrastructure setups
- Using a combination of both manual and automated testing methods, you will ensure that your teams are able to guarantee the quality of both the functionality and user experience of new changes, while ensuring that they integrate problem free into our existing products
- Provide support, mentorship and guidance to your team members and help them to continue to grow and develop further in their roles and capabilities
- Continuously challenge the status quo and introduce changes to further optimize processes within your team’s scopes
- Work with peer QA Leads to ensure alignment across all QA sub-teams and collaborate on building a happy and productive team
- Act as a key intermediary to align top-level communication and expectations between multiple Product, Engineering and Business Intelligence teams
- Contribute towards making critical top-level business decisions based on the quality of the products and features assured by your team
- Fluency in English – our company language
- Ability to work in an incredibly diverse, agile and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills
- 5+ years experience in the software testing industry
- Strong leadership skills: minimum of 2 years experience in leading a team (experience with at least some of the following; individual feedback meetings with team members, supporting team members with career development, mentoring and coaching, strategic planning and organisation)
- Previous experience working in an agile environment, focussing on the testing and deployment of large-scale web based applications
- Advanced knowledge of common testing procedures and methodologies
- Experience and familiarity using common software technologies and languages such as: HTML, CSS, JS, JAVA, GIT, GraphQL, gRPC/Rest services, GCP/AWS.
- Hands on experience with at least some of the following testing tools: Selenium, Karate API, RESTassured, CodeceptJS, JMeter
- Being open to change and relishing new challenges: adapting to new processes and structural changes as part of a highly-agile organization
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or any other similar field
- Any previous experience working as a Software Engineer, Product Manager or Data Analyst would also be a plus
- Exposure to working with teams both in-office and remotely, as well as with a diverse range of colleagues and roles
- Experience with developing team members in their professional careers
- A passion for technology and quality!
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!