We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to drive two of our Marketing tools which have a huge strategic value for trivago. The solutions guarantee an essential amount of traffic to our price search via search engine marketing and hotel ads on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Your role will be in close collaboration with the marketing stakeholders. These tools help our marketers to manage their marketing campaigns at a scale.
Your mission will range from leading the team through technical and architecture decisions while migrating the old monolithic PHP SEMS to a modern microservices-based architecture, to improving and developing the team members in their roles (5 backend software and DevOps engineers).
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Develop a long-term roadmap for your team based on trivago’s overall technology strategy.
- Be responsible for the collaboration and alignment with product teams, and different stakeholders to build and improve trivago’s SEMS and HAT solutions.
- Be responsible for your team’s development and productivity whilst keeping up the team spirit through motivation and guidance.
- Lead the team through technical challenges and architecture decisions.
- Support the team in troubleshooting and debugging the solutions.
Our Technology Stack:
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Hadoop
What you’ll definitely need:
- Previous experience as an engineering manager.
- Cognitive and structural thinking, with an ability to zoom-in and out of projects and to challenge solutions on multiple levels.
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mind set to drive for results in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge about designing and building software solutions with proper architectures.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with agile product development teams.
- Knowledge about tech stack.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our tech blog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!