As a Software Engineer in the Source team, you’ll shape the future of trivago’s main product to help millions of travellers to find their ideal hotel.
The Source team’s mission is to be provide high quality content and associated deductions that empower trivago users. This means you’ll have an opportunity to work on such challenging topics as collecting data from various sources, matching partner data to trivago inventory, consolidating information into single source of truth, building inferences using this data and delivering it to our consumers by utilising modern technologies and paradigms like serverless architecture, data batch processing, stream processing and many more.
What you’ll do:
- Be a part of trivago’s Source team and proactively contribute to a product that is used by millions of people each day.
- Design and build data pipelines on GCP that can handle billions of events, using technologies like Cloud Functions, Apache Beam, Pub/Sub and Kubernetes.
- Take ownership and contribute your own ideas on how to bring the best and most relevant data to our users so they can make a profound decision on their next hotel booking.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other teams to map business requirements into technical solutions that have a real impact.
- Be a technology ambassador spread the word, and share knowledge among your fellow colleagues in peer exchanges, guild meetings and meet-ups.
Our Technology Stack:
- Google Cloud
- Cloud Functions
- Apache Beam
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years of programming experience with any language (we prefer Python).
- Familiarity with building scalable and distributed data pipelines on the cloud.
- Profound knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- A genuine interest in DevOps topics/concepts (test automation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code etc.)
- A sincere interest in working with large amounts of data.
- The ability to present complex topics in plain English to non-technical peers and stakeholders.
What we’d love you to have:
- You have familiarity with GCP technologies like Dataflow, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage and Pub/Sub.
- You feel comfortable writing and maintaining Bash scripts in *nix environments.
- Knowledge/hands-on experience in distributed systems and/or streaming data technologies.
- A proven track record delivering complex and high-impactful tech products to a large user base.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!