Our Accounting team is looking for a General Ledger Accountant to assist in monitoring our intricate financial affairs! At trivago you’ll have the opportunity to work for a dynamic, international company who’s Nasdaq-listed and a pretty big player in the global travel market.
If you’re curious about work in an agile environment in accordance with all major GAAPs, read on and apply!
Get an inside look at finance at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Prepare & support in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing of our single entities as well as our consolidated group financials.
- Support our subsidiaries & other teams in accounting questions.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze financial information.
- Perform & maintain SOX compliant processes
- Support in requests from internal and external auditors.
- Support & further develop our operational accounting processes.
- Provide ad hoc reports and special project assistance as needed.
- Support our ERP implementation.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Controlling, or a related apprenticeship.
- Auditing experience within a large accounting firm.
- 3+ years of Accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- The ability to multitask while completing tasks accurately in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- To be heavily deadline oriented.
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we’d love you to have:
- Previous experience with US GAAP/IFRS & SOX.
- Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!