In a time when the travel industry is drastically changing, we have the opportunity to help drive that change by producing innovative products that will meet users’ new expectations and needs by using our top strengths to our advantage: our ability to adapt quickly and to focus on our users.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive projects with the highest strategic importance for a product that serves millions of travelers. In this role, you’ll be on the front lines of innovation when it comes to the online hotel search experience.
As a Senior Product Manager in our core pillar, you’ll take responsibility for the whole life cycle of your initiatives: from ideation and research, to driving development and analyzing performance for future optimization. Curious to know more about how you’ll help shape our product? Then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Develop a great understanding of our business, users and technology.
- Find, define and validate business opportunities and user problems worth solving.
- Build test plans and, for successful tests, manage the production implementation.
- Present projects, proposals and updates to our leadership team.
- Pitch projects to leading organizations in the global travel industry (executives at Hotel Chains, OTAs, etc).
- From sales collaborations to marketing campaigns – you’ll collaborate with people across the whole company.
- Ensure that your initiatives are in line with trivago’s strategy and our core product pillar’s priorities. You’ll help shape that strategy.
- Drive a cross-functional team of experienced profiles, experts in their fields, from engineers to product designers.
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy for the core product team.
- Work with product and engineering leaders to refine internal processes and ways of working, as well as our overall technical collaboration, solution design, and delivery quality.
- Many of us like varieties of Scrum and Kanban, lean development methods, rapid assumption testing and dual track agile discovery and delivery. But regardless of the buzzwords, we expect you to work in the style that works best for you and your team. We’ll give you the context, the support and resources you need, but then won’t get in the way of you working on delivering great results for our users.
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a product manager for a digital mass-market product ( >500k daily users).
- Proactive attitude: You find and evaluate problems to solve, rather than documenting stakeholder requirements.
- Great leadership skills: You have to know what it is that you want to achieve, can inspire others to follow your vision and have the drive to push your ideas through to execution.
- Extensive experience in A/B Testing at scale, lean experimentation and in understanding user needs using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Excellent and structured project management approach.
What we’d love you to have:
- An educational background in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Design or a similar, relevant field.
- Experience at a top-tier global consumer internet company.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!