Are you an experienced UX Lead with exquisite taste for building user centric products? Do you want to evolve a product that is used by millions of people worldwide?
We’re looking for a new UX lead to be the voice of the user and drive the UX decisions in a cross-functional team to ensure usability, consistency, and continuity across our product. In this role you’ll guide your team of 5 UX/UI Designers by setting key team goals to shape the future of our product design. Through feedback and identifying training opportunities, your team will not only make full use of their talents, but also grow in their capabilities with your mentorship.
Is this the opportunity you’ve been looking for? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Find out more about the job from Marco, our UX Domain Lead:
What you’ll do:
- Be a partner to the designers in your team to solve user and business problems. Define the user experience of new features from initial ideas to production-ready designs.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, researchers and engineers in the discovery of opportunities and initiatives.
- Contribute hands-on to UX projects and be a role model of good design practices to maintain high UX quality, coherence, delight and technical performance.
- Make use of user research and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Host workshops with stakeholders to ideate, define and facilitate a shared understanding on the solutions. Use methods, such as rapid prototyping, to validate solutions before delivery.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 5+ years’ experience in Digital Product Design, with a minimum of 1 year being a design lead.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in Interaction Design, HCI, Digital Design or gained relevant work experience in the design field.
- To have been part of several iterations with product teams and developers on a live product.
- A keen eye for people’s talents and know how to create a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere where people can thrive and be themselves.
- To be a great collaborator and UX partner for product and tech leads and key stakeholders.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with a team on a new opportunity; working with the team in the discovery phase to ideate and validate solutions before building it; successfully delivering the solution; and iterating on the solution.
- Experience working in the tourism or hospitality sectors would be considered a plus.
- Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!