trivago is currently focused on the restart of the travel industry after the global COVID-19 pandemic. That means we’re at the forefront of adapting to the traveller’s new mindset as well as reinventing our B2B products for independent hoteliers.
As part of their effort to empower independent hoteliers, Our Independent Hotels Domain in the Marketplace and Advertiser Dynamics Pillar is looking for a frontend software engineer to support them. In this role, you’ll be contributing to this venture by helping us provide independent hoteliers with tech solutions that will support their business and leverage their potential on trivago.
Can’t wait to jump onboard and get started? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Build responsive, accessible and performant UIs using a modern technology stack.
- Build fault-tolerant and scalable applications by writing clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Support the design and development process through creation and improvement of style guides and pattern libraries.
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with frontend, backend, QA, design and concept teams.
- Support with writing technical documentation and writing tests for new and existing product features.
Our Technology Stack:
- Nodejs / PHP
- Vue.js / React.js
- Kafka / NATS
- Redis / MySQL / PostgreSQL / DynamoDB
- AWS migrating to Google Cloud
What you’ll need:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience working in a microservices based software architecture.
- Experience consuming APIs and backend services from a frontend SPA, PWA and using other technologies.
- The ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control (GIT), etc.
- To be interested and motivated to work with other programming languages depending on project requirements.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and proﬁles as well as share knowledge.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working in a cloud native development environment (GCP is a plus).
- Experience using A/B testing tools.
- Experience using frontend focused monitoring tools.
- Good understanding of Kafka and/or messaging systems.
- Good understanding of user requirements.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!