We’re seeking a Senior Consultant in Enterprise Risk Management to facilitate the design and management of trivago’s SOX control environment, risk mitigation activities, and relationship management between trivago stakeholders and our External Auditors.
If you’re proficient in the COSO ERM Framework, SOX, US GAAP and Business Information Systems, and you’re looking for an opportunity to be part of our dynamic, international team in Düsseldorf, we’d love to hear from you.
Get an inside look at finance at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the maintenance of our SOX program in compliance with the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO).
- Recommend the implementation of forms, systems, and/or procedures to carry out responsibilities, accomplish trivago’s goals, and mitigate risks.
- Assist evaluating key controls.
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of the annual Risk Assessment process.
- Educate the business on the importance of risk mitigating activities.
- Onboard new control owners to our audit platform and train control owners on the use of the tool, and their responsibilities as a control owner.
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years of related work experience in Auditing, Compliance, and/or Risk Management.
- To hold a CPA/CA, CIA, CMA, or CISA certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Operations, Business or Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- An understanding of financial, operational and IT general controls, as well as related risks.
- Ability to consult, evaluate, and advise business partners on controls in an ever-changing environment.
What we’d love you to have:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Operations, Business or Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- Financial and operational audit experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in German.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!