Are you passionate about creatively using technology, learning new things, and going deep in the technologies you use? Do you want the chance to work with big data systems operating at a very large scale?
Our data engineering team is looking for a skilled developer and expert on a systems level who can help build and maintain our big data architecture.
We’re looking for someone who can not only use but also further develop our big data infrastructure, with Hadoop at its core.
Interested? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- As an expert in your field, you will design, implement and maintain data infrastructure, including the Hadoop ecosystem, Hive & Spark pipelines, Kafka, import / export tools, and related systems.
- Continuously improve our algorithms and approaches. We encourage thinking outside the box and want our developers to challenge the status quo.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow good design patterns and architecture principles.
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to other software development teams, operations, product and business intelligence teams to define deliverables and plans.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Good foundation in programming languages and systems architecture, ideally experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Some experience working with Hadoop.
- Understanding concurrent programming and complex algorithms.
- Experience with engineering and administrating distributed systems.
- Ability to model complex data structures.
- Some experience with cloud based approaches.
- Understanding of configuration management systems and their concepts for automated configuration.
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix helps in our environments.
- University degree (bachelor or master) in Computer Science.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!