Are you passionate about creatively using technology, learning new things, and deep diving in the technologies you use? Do you love working with big data systems, operating at a very large scale of data?
Our data architecture team is looking for a skilled data architect who can help define, build and optimise our core analytics and data science data structures. We are looking for dedicated professionals with a broad understanding of diverse database technologies, data warehouses, structured data formats and ETL data pipelines.
Interested? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- You will be the owner of our core data tables, and together with our data engineers define efficient pipelines and table structures for the large community of data analysts and data scientists at trivago.
- Usability of the core tables is key for high productivity of data analysts and scientists. The role involves understanding their needs, but also to keep in mind the changeability of the log input data as trivago’s search systems constantly evolve.
- Data quality, and stability of data pipelines are key to our analytics world and for our partners. You will define and implement data quality strategy.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow good design patterns and architecture principles.
- Collaborate with and provide consultation to other teams in trivago, operations, product and business intelligence teams that work with the core data sets.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Experience designing and implementing systems architectures, data structures and pipelining.
- A good foundation in programming languages, ideally experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders in other teams, understanding a broad product strategy and align data development strategy to support their needs.
- Ability to model complex data structures.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!