Are you passionate about developing backend microservices? Looking to work in an agile development environment? Then you’ve come to right place! We’re searching for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Independent Hotel Domain team in the Market and Advertiser Dynamics pilar.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll be contributing to this exciting adventure by helping us provide independent hoteliers with tech solutions that will support their business and leverage their potential on trivago.
Can’t wait to jump onboard and get started? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Build fault-tolerant and scalable applications by writing clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Set-up efficient and high performing database queries for relational and non-relational databases.
- Work and collaborate using tools as Jira, Github, GCP and much more.
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with frontend, backend, QA, design and concept teams.
- Support with writing technical documentation and writing tests for new and existing product features.
Our Technology Stack:
What you’ll definitely need:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in building, designing and extending APIs and backend services using languages such as PHP, Kotlin or Java.
- The ability naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control (GIT), etc.
- To be interested and motivated to work with other programming languages depending on project requirements.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and proﬁles as well as share knowledge.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with GCP, Github and Git.
- Experience with Kafka and/or other messaging systems.
- Experience working with Docker/Packer.
- Experience with CI using Travis, Jenkins or other similar tools.
- Good understanding of user requirements.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!