We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Search Intelligence team and take the lead in offline crawler detection, discovering hidden bot traffic in our user data. In this team you’ll have the opportunity to be involved with our product development teams, carrying out user behavior analysis and consult on feature development and data logging topics.
In the role of Data Analyst for Crawler Detection, you’ll apply your analytical skills to ensure that data on business performance is not diluted by crawlers, spiders, robots and other non business relevant traffic. You would be a key part of data processing at trivago as this data set is used by all our analytic units.
If you’re a born number-cruncher looking for a challenging yet rewarding role in a fast-moving tech environment, stop searching and read on!
What you’ll do:
- Be the lead analyst responsible for our offline crawler detection, discovering hidden bot traffic in our user data.
- Work on pattern analysis of big data to uncover non-business relevant session data and maintain part of our core data processing.
- Explore new methods for detecting anomalous sessions and be responsible for putting this into practice. This could include using stream processors for intraday anomaly detection or working with elastic search for live log feedback.
- Coordinate with the online spider detection teams to ensure a good user experience and represent a business outlook on the topic.
- Collaborate with Hotel Search teams on logging topics and perform analyses to help product development.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2+ years’ work experience in a role-relevant field.
- A Bachelor’s degree in
- Data analysis skills, computer skills, statistics knowledge.
- Experience with SQL
- Communication skills, self-motivation, team-working skills.
What we’d love you to have:
- 2+ years’ work experience in an online business, with a focus on data analytic responsibilities.
- Experience in crawler detection or anomaly detection.
- Experience with Hadoop, R/Python, SQL.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!