Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, international work environment and make an impact at a NASDAQ-listed company?
We are looking for a Tax Associate who brings initial tax experience and a high level of motivation to join our finance team. As a tax associate, you will be responsible for assisting several tax tasks regularly that include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of appropriate statutory documentation as required under relevant tax legislations.
- Contribution to the tax compliance management system.
- Involvement in international tax and transfer pricing assignments.
- Involvement in handling digital taxes of various countries.
- Support with quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Assist in performing tax-related SOX controls.
- Provide special project assistance, as needed, to implement and maintain tax-related operating processes and systems.
- Assist in exploring the use of tax technology tools and automation to drive continuous improvement within a tax reporting function.
- Monitor tax law changes and developments and implications of the same.
- Assist in the provision of information to internal and external auditors.
- Work closely with other members of the tax team, peers within Global Accounting/Finance and other internal teams and external advisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Tax, Finance, or a related apprenticeship.
- Academic background in tax studies or at least 1-2 years of work experience in tax matters.
- Passion to work in the tax function.
- Excellent computer skills with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent multitasking, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Solid accounting and analytical skills.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and eager to own and take responsibility of projects and processes assigned.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English (our company language)
- Experience working with different ERP is a plus.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!