We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to help us providing high quality data content to our users while browsing for the perfect accommodation for their vacation on our global search platform.
You will join one of our agile engineering teams of smart, motivated and curious people and work on our GCP platform on topics such as collecting data from various sources, matching partner data to trivago inventory, consolidating information into single source of truth, building inferences using this data and delivering it to our consumers.
If you enjoy creating a valuable user experience, you’ll fit right into the trivago tech community – apply now!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Write code in Python (or any other language you’d like) to build scalable applications that can handle billions of events on our GCP Platform, using technologies like Cloud Functions, Apache Beam, Pub/Sub and Kubernetes.
- Work closely with developers and product managers to map business requirements into effective technical solutions.
- Be a technology ambassador and spread the word, share knowledge among your fellow colleagues in peer exchanges, guild meetings and meet-ups.
- You have used your programming skills and Cloud knowledge (GCP or AWS) to build scalable and distributed applications that handle billions of events.
- Your profound knowledge in SQL and/or NoSQL helped building great database management systems.
- You have experience working with a large amount of data or a sincere interest in learning how data processing works.
- You are familiar with DevOps topics/concepts (test automation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code etc.).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!