Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, international work environment and make an impact at a NASDAQ-listed company?
To strengthen our finance family, we’re looking for a Financial Reporting Professional to join us at our headquarters in Düsseldorf. In this role, you’ll use your experience in financial reporting for a US publicly listed company to prepare trivago’s financial statements and reports in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
If you’re an excellent communicator, multitasker, and self-starter who is ready to take on a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Prepare annual, quarterly, and monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare periodic reports for filing with the SEC.
- Research and document technical accounting and reporting topics in accordance with U.S. GAAP/SEC guidance.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Perform and enhance the SOX controls in the areas of financial reporting and for group-level considerations.
- Compose and update accounting policies and process documentation.
- Collaborate closely with other teams such as Accounting, Tax, FP&A, and Legal.
- Provide information to and coordinate with internal and external auditors.
- Liaise with operational stakeholders in cross-departmental initiatives relating to accounting and reporting matters.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and provide special project assistance as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience in financial reporting at a US publicly listed company and/or auditing at the group level within a large accounting firm.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Positive “can do” attitude and eagerness to own and take responsibility of projects and processes.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English (our company language).
- CPA/CA license preferred.
- Working knowledge of a reporting and/or ERP software.
- Workiva reporting experience.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!