We are looking for a skilled mid-level UX researcher, with valuable experience and outstanding interpersonal skills.
As a mid-level UX researcher at trivago you will design and execute user research studies combining qualitative and quantitative methodologies in a fast-paced, agile and fun work environment.
We’re looking for a mid-level UX researcher with at least 2 years of industry experience. Good English communication skills are key for both positions.
We’re looking for someone experienced with conducting both foundational and evaluative user research projects, with a drive and passion to identify opportunities for product innovation and helping shape medium- and long-term business and product strategy.
Find out more about the job from Marco, our UX Domain Lead:
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute complex, multi-method research projects.
- Drive the successful evolution of our product by studying the behavior, cognition, emotions, and attitudes of travelers and trivago users.
- Craft UX research roadmaps and execute mixed method studies in collaboration with other user researchers, designers, product teams, and data analysts.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams and actively involve key stakeholders in the research process and promoting a human-centered design perspective.
- Communicate your findings informing the product strategy to maximize their impact.
- Be an advocate of our users and of the UX research discipline inside and outside of the UX research team.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2 years of industry experience in mixed methods UX research in a digital product environment.
- Strong understanding of and track record applying quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product and business outcomes.
- Experience developing and conducting evaluative UX research including usability testing, card sorting, tree testing, and intercept surveys.
- Proven track record of producing high-quality outputs, such as research guides, reports, personas, user flows, user journey maps, prioritized usability issues, etc.
- Proven track record of impact the research made on a company and product.
- Strong ability to creatively translate research findings into relevant insights for designers, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Passionate about mentoring and supporting research conducted by other researchers or designers.
- A strong focus on generating business impact and understanding of how to connect research outputs with the overall product roadmap and business strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (our company language)
- Experience rallying a product team behind the results / proven capability on getting buy-in for results and into the product roadmap.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience orchestrating workshops and ideation sessions for external or internal stakeholders would be considered a plus.
- Experience working in the tourism B2C or B2B sectors would be considered a plus
- Experience applying the Jobs-to-be-done framework would be considered a plus
- Good familiarity with A/B testing would be considered a plus
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!