Our Book & Stay Product Team is responsible for trivago Express Booking – a free, fully responsive landing page designed to optimize the booking experience for trivago users across all devices.
From an advertiser perspective, Express Booking not only reduces costs and unlocks quick expansion into new markets, but also supports recovery by offering very competitive conversion rates and a full-fledged booking platform that promotes the advertisers’ brand throughout the entire booking pathway. For more information, please check this page.
As the lead of this cross-functional, agile team, you’ll be the entrepreneurial mind driving the team in the right direction and supporting them where needed in achieving the goals that you set out. The team you’ll lead contains product managers and software engineers and you’ll have access to all other talents (dedicated designers, analysts and QA engineers) in order to deliver a better product every day.
Curious to know more? Read on and apply!
What you’ll do:
- Develop the product vision and strategy for the product team.
- Inspire and empower your team to achieve your team’s vision and goals as well as support on key projects.
- Work closely with our sales account manager teams and other internal teams to keep a good communication flow between our product and advertisers.
- Lead a team of 10 – 15 talents, including caring for the retention of talents and recruiting.
- Help build and translate the product vision into initiatives alongside the product managers and development team.
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear and individual value contributions pay into initiatives and team objectives.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager, with experience in leading product/tech teams.
- Cognitive and structural thinking, the ability to zoom in and out on projects to challenge solutions on multiple levels.
- Strong analytical capability and experience in advanced A/B testing.
- A pragmatic, value-oriented mindset to drive for results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills as well as high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy.
What we’d love you to have:
- Previous experience in e-commerce or travel related companies/products
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!